MICATA is pleased to host this interpreting workshop:
Rogelio Camacho Seminars
Interpreting for Mexican Defendants and Witnesses
Translating the everyday Mexican Spanish spoken in the U.S. and Mexico
Workshop description: The goal of this highly interactive class is to expand court interpreters’ prior knowledge of the everyday, non-academic Spanish used in Mexico and in the United States. This skill will enhance their ability to provide accurate English renditions. Class survey feedback shows that the course’s content is quite useful and pertinent; and the tools acquired from the class are immediately applicable to day-to-day work. Testimonials from previous participants are available at www.rogelio.net to verify the relevance of this subject matter. Providing tools to interpret precise meaning and intent will enhance court interpreters’ ability to better serve the Spanish speaking community.
This workshop consists of five modules totaling 15 hours of instruction. It will be presented over two days.
- Dates: September 15-16, 2018
- Location: Johnson County Community College, 12345 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66210
- Instructor: Rogelio Camacho, Ph.D., CT
- Registration Fee: $240 or $225 for MICATA members
- Send payment via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send payment via check to Rogelio Camacho Seminars 617 Third Ave #2, Chula Vista, CA 91910
Need to cancel? No problem. Your fee is fully refundable. Can’t take the class the day you scheduled it? No problem. Take it five weeks later.
For more information:
Email the instructor at email@example.com or call 619-813-3130.